Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Shah Rukh Khan's praise for Titli made it special for me: Chinmayi Sripada

Popular playback singer Chinmayi Sripada, who sang the chartbuster
Titli song in Shah Rukh Khan's Chennai Express, says she was
absolutely thrilled when the superstar praised her for the
composition.

The music of the lilting song is composed by Vishal-Shekhar and is
picturised on Shah Rukh and Deepika Padukone.

The audio-launch of the movie was in July and Shah Rukh Khan had tweeted
appreciating the Titli number.

"The tweet from him made my day then. He tweeted saying I sound just like love.
Shekhar sir introduced me to him at the
audio launch and SRK spoke to me, also
called my mom to speak to her. He is
extremely down to earth and has no trappings of a superstar," Chinmayi said.

Chinmayi, who made her first bow in
Kollywood under the Mozart of Chennai A R Rahman's baton for Oru
Deivam track in Mani Ratnam's Kannanthil Muthamittal, said Titli
happened because of Shekhar.

Shekhar taught her the song, explained the situation. "And because he sang so
extraordinarily it was easy for me to be
inspired by it."

Chinmayi said Titli was no different from her other favourities such
as Oru Deviam Thande Poove Tere Bina (Guru), Enna Idhu (Nala
Damayati), Sahana(Shivaji), Mayya Mayya (Guru), I miss you Da
(Sakkarakatti), Vaarayo Vaarayo (Aadhavan) and Laesa Parakkudhu
(Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu ).

No comments:

Post a Comment